prediction: within five years, switzerland will be in dire straits, and will resemble the japan of today. economic growth will screech to a halt, and may even hit a deflation. within 10 years, switzerland will have a significantly lower standard of living in relation to other countries.
there are several reasons for this:
- a failure to attract low wage immigrants by closing the borders
- a failure to provide funding for new companies
- misguided gov spending that emphasizes obsolete industries (military, agriculture)
- a reluctance to push painful reform through
- a belief that “swiss quality” will always reign supreme while failing to innovate
- failing to train the next generation of an excellent workforce