my friend bernhard‘s former company again pushes the envelope of web applications (their mapping site predated google maps by almost 6 months). this time, they are tackling real estate search, a field ripe for a better experience. while there are some nice efforts online by housingmaps.com and trulia.com (trulia seems to have inked a deal with google, their google maps integration does not even load scripts from google..), immo.beta.search.ch does them one better:
- tighter integration between list view and map (just mousing over a list item show’s it’s location)
- histograms for the search terms to give you a quick idea what the spread in prices is, for instance
- shows matches in context (public transport, shopping etc)
- leverages the superior map quality from endoxon
- allows you to take notes for each object
- shows you new matches for your search since your last visit
all in all, an excellent new site that can easily hold it’s own against us-centric players, and is at the same time without equal in (sadly, a web backcountry) switzerland.